Monday, May 11, 2009

Day One

Today was day one of chemo. Kelli went with me all day. we arrived at 8 and left around 3:30. I received  the chemo drugs vp-16 and a platinum based drug. Tomorrow I will have these same drugs plus the Bleomycin that I will receive every Tuesday for the next 9 weeks. 

     

 I felt pretty normal all day, but was a little tired and nauseous when I got home. I took some prescription stomach and anti-nausea medicine. I don't know if it was the pills or the great dinner that Beverly Tomlinson brought over, but I feel much better.

     
I want to thank every one for your encouragement and prayers. As one e-mail today reminded me, I am like that guy in the cell-phone commercial with thousands of "my people" with me everywhere I go. Please pray that I would be a good witness to those around me, and that I would not be too unbearable to my kids or Kelli.  Please pray that Kelli would feel good, and that she would still have time to rest, and that our baby that she is carrying would get all the stuff that it needs. We should find out Wednesday what gender the baby is.  

Rick

5 comments:

molly said...

We thought of you all day yesterday. Kelli, I am glad you were able to go the whole day with Rick. Take care, we love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bennett's

I will continue to pray for all of you, I am excited to find out from your blog that you are expecting again. Very exciting! Kelli-I always knew you would have a "quiver full"! Blessed is the man who's quiver is full of children!

Hey-we went to the FSU vs Ga Tech b-ball game Sunday and got our picture made with Coach Martin. I couldn't help but think of you all!

Lots of love!

Beth Snyder said...

Rick & Kelli
Just want you to know you are being prayed for at our Womens Bible study and our sunday school class. Praying for you and your families strength at this time and for God to recieve the glory in all that He is doing in your lives.

McClellan said...

Glad to hear that the first day went well. I hope everyday goes that good. I am glad to hear that Kelli was able to stay with you all day.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Good Luck.
We are praying for you and your family everyday.

Summer said...

Praying for you all and hoping that each treatment goes just as well!