Friday, May 1, 2009

Here We Go!

 Friends and Family,
I got some news today from the pathology and the CT scan. The removed tissue was a tumor (so thank God it was noticed and removed) and it was non-semenoma. which is the more aggressive type. The pathologist is still working on his report and doing further tests as he believes that the tumor is also made up of another type of cancer. The CT scan showed some growths in my lymph system near my kidneys and two small growths in one lung and one growth in the other. This was not the best news, but the doctor assured us that this is still a type of cancer that is very treatable with very good survival rates. 
On the advise of many different sources, we are getting a second opinion on the pathology and made an appointment for May 5th with an oncologist at Indiana University who is recognized as an expert on testicular cancer. It looks like chemotherapy is the most likely course, but we will wait to see what the doctor in Indiana suggests.     
I am very certain that God is in complete control of this situation, and He loves me and my family more than I do. Only God can see the big picture, and He has determined to bring this into my life. I have prayed daily for the past several months that God would use my family to glorify Him, and that is what I plan to do with this situation. I do not think that this illness will result in my death, that is very unlikely, but it has reminded me that my life will one day end, and I hope that my life no matter how long or short, has been for His glory.
This morning I read in 1 Peter 4:19 "So then, those that suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good." 
I am not in any physical pain, I believe that I have access to some of the best doctors in the world, and I am completely surrounded by friends and family that are praying and offering all the support that I could need. Thank you all so much for your prayers and your concerns, I will keep you updated.
Rick & Kelli 

3 comments:

debi said...

You all are in our thoughts & prayers... love.. Butch & debi

Cherry Family said...

We love you! You know we are praying for you. : )

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous family! It must be in the genes! :) We are so proud of you guys. Praying for you and excited to see what God is going to do through this trial.

love,
Denise